The festival is INTERNATIONAL. Participation in the festival is open to all the filmmakers of any nationality, over 18 years of age.
2.-Characteristics of shorts
2.1- The festival is focused on the fantasy genre, so that short films must belong to this genre in any of its variations: horror, science fiction, fantasy, comedy, thriller, experimental… Whether fiction, documentary or animation. The theme is free. It will not be accepted publicity, promotional or touristic films or similar. The Organization will assess all proposals received in the same way.
2.2- The maximum duration of the work to competition will be 30 MINUTES.
2.3- To participate in the official section, the work must have been produced starting from January 1, 2018.
2.4- Short films can be made in any language. Works registered for his preselection must be submitted in their original version with SUBTITLES in Spanish, Valencian, English or French if the original version is in other languages different to the Spanish or Valencian.
The deadline for submission and registration is August 31th, 2020. Registration will cost € 5 per short and will be done online, by sending the short film through one of the following platforms:
Each filmmaker or group may submit more than one work but only one work per author may be selected.
All documents received will become part of the festival’s archives.
5.- Payment by selection.
The Organization shall pay to all the short films selected in the OFFICIAL SECTION the amount of €100 in payments by selection. Payment will be arranged to film producer.
The jury will be composed of 6 people, professionals of the film world and representatives of the Organization. The decision of the jury will be unappealable.
The following PRIZES are established for the official competitive section, awarded by the jury, the public attending the screenings and the organization of the Festival:
Award for The Best Short film (1000€ plus trophy)
ASCOMA Audience Award (500€ plus trophy)
Special Jury Prize. (Trophy)
Best Director Award (Trophy)
Best Script Award (Trophy)
Best Young Director Short Film Award (Under 30 years old)
Best Cinematography Award (Trophy)
Best Actor Award. (Trophy)
Best Actress Award. (Trophy)
Best Art Direction Award
Best Sound Prize. (300 € discount in services by TLM- The Last Monkey services plus trophy)
Award Best FX (Trophy)
Best OST Prize (Musical composition for cinema Course at Yamaha School Music Valencia valued in 700 € plus Trophy)
Films on the Road Prize for short movies without distribution company (3 months of free distribution valued in 450 € plus Trophy)
Awards will be made public at the awards ceremony. Trophies will be awarded to the attendees (or a person authorized by them for this purpose) in that ceremony and in no case shall be sent by mail. These prizes will be subject to the established legal deductions. The jury reserves the right to deliver so many special mentions as it considers appropriate or may even declare deserts awards.
8.- Festival attendance
Following measures shall be taken regarding the attendance to the festival
– Valencian movie or director. Film director must present the movie before the projection at the festival and the colloquy after the screening. Organization shall take all the measures available to ensure director or representative presence. If not, screening fee will be not pay and short film will be out of Audience Award.
– Spanish movie or director. Director or team member must confirm attendance (at least to closing ceremony) if short film is awarded. Organization shall take all the measures available to ensure director or representative presence. If not, we will understand that award is refused, and it will be given to substitute (according to Jury indications).
– Non-Spanish movie or director. Director must send, at least, a video for the closing ceremony. Anyhow, organization shall take all the measures available to ensure director or representative presence. If not, we will understand that award is refused, and it will be given to substitute (according to Jury indications).
9.- Intellectual property
The author or owner will maintain their intellectual rights and will be within their competence both that they are not subject to any legal responsibility or that there are no rights to third parties. The presentation of a short film to Maniatic involves, on the part of the selected participants, the non-exclusive transfer of the material to the organizing entities for use in the different activities scheduled with the festival’s sponsors. In the same way, the organization may use extracts from the short film (never exceeding 3 min.) For advertising or promotional purposes of the festival.
- Registration implies acceptance of these rules. any issue that is not covered by this document shall be resolved by the Organization of the Festival.
- These rules are subject to possible modifications and/or annexes for reasons unrelated to the Organization.
- For more information please contact directly to firstname.lastname@example.org